I designed a Set Up inspired by J-Fashion

Not long ago, I was heavily into whatever J-Fashion I could find, starting from Fairy Kei to Mori Kei. So, when I came across Emiiichan's blog post about HimeKaji, I was intrigued by the notion of the "Set up" which is actually a set of a top with a matching skirt.

I loved the look of it, but I felt like it wasn't very "me". It was pretty, but it didn't show my personality. This is why I decided to design my own set up, inspired by them. Sadly, I lost the initial sketch because I made it years ago. But I picked out a light yellow fabric at first, with pink bubbles. At that time, I was still new to sewing so I didn't dare to sew it myself. When I brought the fabric to the tailor, he said that there wasn't enough fabric. I had my grandpa with me. He must have seen how upset I was. So, he bought more fabric for me, with pink and purple bubbles. I was quite happy since I loved this fabric even more. I figured I could give the other fabric to my mom. The set up is actually from way back when I was a teenager, but it still somehow fits me. It's a bit tight but I can breathe in it just fine. I recently had a mini photo shoot wearing the Set up.


I did get many compliments regarding this dress. Most people couldn't believe it's a separate top and skirt. My best friend did say that the dress reminds her of Hip 2 Be square Barbie.
I didn't see it at first, but now I kinda get it! Here is the blog on Himekaji. 

 What do you think of my design? -Shn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let me introduce myself